Announcing Clairvaux’s 2015 Summer Camps!
July 13-16 (Monday – Thursday), 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
The Clairvaux summer camp is a four-day camp designed for beginner and novice riders, ages 12 and under. Participants will ride each day and will learn horse management skills, including: grooming, safe handling, tacking, caring for equipment, conformation and nutrition. Plus, there will be horse- and farm-related games and activities.
Daily Camp Schedule
- 8:30 AM – Arrive
- 8:30-9:00 – Groom and tack assigned horse
- 9:00-10:00 – Half of the group rides while other half learns horsemanship
- 10:00-11:00 – The two groups switch, riding / horsemanship
- 11:00-11:30 – Untack, cool down horses and put away equipment
- 11:30-12:00 – Lunch (Riders bring their own lunch.)
- 12:00-1:00 – Activities / Crafts / Games
- 1:00 PM – Camp day ends
**Thursday, from 11:30 AM-1:00 PM we will have a Parent’s Open House for riders to showcase their new skills.
JUNIOR RIDER ADVANCED CAMP
July 20-23 (Monday – Thursday), 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
This camp is designed for junior riders who are jumping 2′ and higher. Riders will be placed in appropriate groups, based on experience and ability. Highlights include jumping, riding outside the arena, course walking and design, and show ring strategies.
We still have some openings for our camp. Please contact us for availability.
This camp is open to all eligible riders, so please tell your friends and family!
Note: Camp participants will be required to wear long pants (jeans, jodhpurs, breeches), hard-soled shoes with heels (paddock boots or hiking boots), and riding helmet.